How to Regain Lost HVAC Efficiency
Is your HVAC system having difficulty warming or cooling your home effectively? Are your energy bills going up? These two issues could be symptomatic of a drop in efficiency. There are a number of things that could be causing your HVAC system to work less efficiently. Fortunately, there are also several ways in which you can regain the efficiency that your HVAC system has lost.
How to boost the efficiency of your HVAC system
The following are a few methods for regaining the efficiency your HVAC system has lost in order to improve the comfort of your property while reducing energy costs at the same time:
- Replace dirty air filters – The air filters are vital not just to your indoor air quality, but to the efficiency of your HVAC system as well. They work to trap dust and debris in the air flowing through your duct system, thereby preventing these contaminants from cycling through your indoor air. However, if these air filters aren’t replaced or cleaned on a monthly basis, then the dust and debris will build up to the point where it will block the flow of air, making it more difficult for heat and cool air to be dispersed.
- Have your HVAC system professionally cleaned – Sometimes your furnace or your air conditioner may not be working efficiently because they are dirty. A professional HVAC service technician will clean the various components of your furnace and air conditioner to ensure that they will work as efficiently as possible.
- Seal duct leaks – Duct leaks are a common cause for decreased energy efficiency. Have your ductwork inspected by a professional to ensure that there aren’t any duct leaks. A leak in your duct system will cause heat or cool air to escape before it reaches its destination, making it more difficult to heat or cool your property. This also results in your HVAC system having to work twice as hard to replace lost air.
- Seal air leaks – Air leaks in your windows and doors can result in the loss of heat or cool air as well. Additionally, air leaks result in outdoor air getting in, making it even more difficult to reach the desired temperature. Use caulking and weatherstripping in order to get rid of air leaks.
- Schedule a tune-up – Regular tune-ups are important to keeping your HVAC system up and running as efficiently and effectively as possible. A technician will inspect your HVAC system, lubricate components and make any necessary repairs. Even the smallest issue can be enough to cause your system’s efficiency to drop – and if it’s not repaired as soon as possible, it can grow into an even bigger – and more costly – problem. You should schedule a tune-up for your heating system right before winter hits, and for your air conditioning system right before summer hits.
These are a few ways that you can regain some of the efficiency that your HVAC system has lost. To schedule an HVAC inspection, contact us at Dynamic Air Services today.
Find a high quality Amana heating & cooling system from Dynamic Air .Learn More
We have great discounts & promotions.Learn more about them today »